The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra with special guest Lori Skelton of Wisconsin Public Radio narrating the program. Sat., May 15th, 7:30 pm.
An outstanding program:
- MOZART–Overture to Don Giovanni, K. 527
- MENDELSSOHN–Symphony No. 4 in A major, Opus 90, “Italian”
- ROSSINI–Overture to Il barbiere di Siviglia [The Barber of Seville]
- BIZET–Selections from Suite No. 1 from Carmen
- RIMSKY-KORSAKOV–Capriccio espagnol, Opus 34
Reception at Titletown Brewing Company following the concert–y’all come!
New members–this is your bonus concert. Your MSO tickets will be held at the table in the lobby. Doors open at 7 pm.
Renew at the concert–Put your check & membership form in an envelope and drop it in the box on the table. Obviously the price of membership cannot cover the cost of five world-class concerts. Your donation of any amount helps to continue our 83-year tradition of bringing outstanding classical music to Northeast Wisconsin!
Mothers Day Gift–the gift of music. The gift that “gives” 5 times (6, if she’s not presently a member). The MSO on May 15th is a free bonus concert for new members joining for next season. That’s 6 concerts for $80, including two MSO concerts! Call or email the Civic Music office now!
Guests? Tickets for the MSO can be purchased in the lobby–$35 for adults and $10 for students.
We love visitors! Discover everything you ever wanted to know about CM at www.BCcivicmusic.org
- Check out our Coming Attractions–an amazing season awaits us!
- You can renew or puchase new memberships on the website with your credit card. You do not need a PayPal account.
- Leave a message on our Facebook page.
- Want to advertise in the program book? Your business website can be linked on ours!
Annual Membership Meeting
Wednesday, June 23rd–All Civic Music members are invited to attend & participate. Your input & involvement are key to CM’s continuing success. Items on the agenda include the election of board members. 6:30 pm at the First United Presbyterian Church, corner of Webster Ave. & George St. in De Pere.
See you May 15th as we bring down the curtain on another spectacular season !
Bio MSO & Chafetz [.docx]
Lori Skelton 2010 [.doc]
Program notes-2010 [.docx]